Tuesday, April 28, 2020

50-50 Grind


I wish there were little girls in our family.  If it weren't for my girlfriends and female adult relatives, I would never get to make cards with flowers, bows, and other frilly things.  I have an adult son.  My sister has one adult daughter and one adult son, my sister-in-law has two adult sons, and one of them has four little boys.  If people think making cards for adult males is hard, I find making cards for preteen boys more challenging.

For one of my great nephew's birthdays, I found this silhouette on Cricut.  I cut it in black and placed it atop a piece of white card stock embossed with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folder.  I glued together scrap paper from previous projects and cut the triangle to make a ramp.  I glued all of it atop a craft paper card base.  That's it - not one embellishment.  😄

Cricut no longer has this design.  But I checked today, and they still have some great skateboarding designs that would make wonderful cards for boys.

Thanks for visiting my bog.  I'd love it if you left a comment.

Stay safe and happy crafting.



1 comment:

  1. Very cool design, Melanie! I love how the texture on the white panel creates movement behind the skater and your colorful stripes are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete